Technical Advisors is the Commissioning Authority for Fundamental Commissioning which validates that the project’s energy related systems are installed, calibrated and perform according to the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR), the Basis of Design (BOD) and the construction documents.
Additionally, TA specializes in the more complex Enhanced Commissioning which is a systematic process that ensures the required communication, coordination, testing, and verification have occurred. It includes design review, installation verification, proper system start-ups, functional performance tests, O&M training, and complete documentation of the commissioned systems.
TA is a long-standing member of the U.S. Green Building Council which developed the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) program, a leader in the sustainable buildings movement.
All aspects of building commissioning benefit our clients by resulting in energy efficiency and economic savings. Our experienced commissioning team includes LEED AP (Accredited Professionals) personnel and provides complete third party independent commissioning in both LEED and non-LEED projects. TA’s team of professional engineers and managers function in multi-disciplinary roles, making certain each project receives direct attention from our senior management.
As the Commissioning Authority, TA is well-suited to provide the following services:
- Commissioning of the HVAC systems and controls
- Commissioning of the lighting controls
- Commissioning of the domestic hot water system
- Inspection of all electrical panels (no testing required)
- Inspection of the plumbing system
- Witness commissioning of the fire alarm system by the fire alarm vendor
- Witness commissioning of the sprinkler system by the sprinkler contractor
- Inspection and commissioning of building grounding systems
- Witness commissioning of the main electrical switchgear
- Indoor air quality survey and/or testing as required
- Field inspections during construction
- Development of a detailed MEP Commissioning punch list items and follow-up.
- Development of the Commissioning Plan
- Digital Enhanced Operations and Maintenance manuals
- Uploading of Energy related credits and attachments to LEED Online
- Building envelope commissioning
- Energy modeling
- Visual inspection of the lighting protection system
- Landscape controls
- Security systems
- Fuel Transfer Systems